State-of-the-Art Academic Building
Jon M. Huntsman Hall is 327,000sf, serves the students of The Wharton School and is one of the most technologically advanced facilities for management education. The first eight levels of the Hall feature:
- 48 classrooms and 57 group study rooms with multimedia capabilities
- four teaching labs and four study/social lounges
- 4,000sf Forum, the center of undergraduate life accommodating 500-people
- Colloquium space to host faculty research events with a main presentation room and seating for 200
- 300-seat auditorium and foyer on the ground floor
The upper portion of the building, known as the faculty tower, includes private offices, lounges and administrative support spaces. Additional work included a 10,000sf landscaped plaza and features trees, grass, benches and paved walkways.
Maintaining Campus Safety
As the architect sought to aesthetically blend the new Hall into the campus buildings, we sought to blend into the community and make the construction as minimally intrusive as possible. Located on a very compact urban site, temporary sidewalk shelters were constructed and traffic was redirected and/or personally escorted around the site. The project team factored in class sessions, exam weeks and mandatory quiet/study hours into the construction schedule to accommodate the two neighboring buildings.
|Best Institutional Project|