When one of the most prestigious hotels in Washington, DC, the JW Marriott, needed to be renovated they turned to Structure Tone’s hospitality experts. The highly detailed project entailed:
- renovating the four-story lobby: check-in, valet and bell-hop desks; seating areas; and elevator lobbies
- adding a new 2,500sf Starbucks
- constructing two boardrooms
- installing a sophisticated A/V system, including reader boards, projectors, a dimming system and full conferencing capabilities
- renovating the 12,000sf Presidential and Vice Presidential suites within a fast-track 46-day timeframe
Keeping the Guest Safe
Safety was of utmost importance to JW Marriott. Structure Tone devised a detailed schedule and logistics plan to accommodate the 24/7 hotel operations and address concerns regarding closures and re-routing of guests, deliveries and noise. We communicated with the hotel staff daily and coordinated with the adjacent building so everyone was cognizant of construction activities. Construction was scheduled during the quiet morning and evening hours.
To maintain the glamorous guest experience, Structure Tone proposed draping the lobby scaffolding with fabric. Through the efforts of both the project team and JW Marriott, we theatrically draped and lit the space. We maintained the opulent hotel entrance while concealing construction equipment. The covering also muted noise and contained dust and debris.