To ensure business continuity, a leading financial services firm hired Structure Tone to provide construction management services for a 476,000sf disaster recovery and data center facility. In addition, site improvements on a total of 24-acres were completed.
The 24-month project began with extensive preconstruction services. From day one our staff worked closely with the team performing due diligence and assisting with site selection. During site selection our focus was on assessing the pros and cons of each site and the respective impacts on the owner. The final result was the selection of a site that offered opportunities for cost savings while providing better logistics, enabling the owner to achieve more with the budget and schedule allocated for the project.
Our team started the construction by renovating the existing 236,000sf single story warehouse, converting it into a disaster recovery facility. The second phase of construction entailed building a new, 240,000sf two-story addition to house a data center that encompasses a 60-person office, network operations center (NOC), and rooms to house uninterrupted power supply (UPS) systems and medium voltage distribution. Lastly, site improvements consisted of relocating existing utilities within the new building footprint and complete demolition of the existing parking areas and roadways.
The facility was designed and built to an enhanced Tier III standard with state-of-the-art technology and security, which includes:
- medium and high density computer equipment rooms (CER) with air-cooled high density layout
- 16.8MW of UPS and up to 90,000sf of whitespace
- 6,000-ton chiller plant, water-cooled with air-cooled back up
- 69kV electrical yard rated for 50MVA ultimate power
- extensive security and access control, including 250 cameras; biometric access screening (retina scanner); access control cards and mantrap secure revolving door
|Citation of Merit Award|
State of New Jersey’s 79th Annual Governor’s Occupational Safety and Health Awards (OSHA)