The two-story Meetinghouse provides a place of worship and community gathering. It includes a chapel, baptismal font, classrooms, offices, family history and cultural center, a hall which doubles as a gymnasium/basketball court, and an outdoor landscaped courtyard.
Complementary to the historic nature of the neighborhood’s architecture, the Meetinghouse features Georgian and Federal architecture. Craftsmanship was held to exceptionally high standards, as it was on the neighboring Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints’ Philadelphia Temple and The Alexander at 1601 Vine Street projects. Driven by the client’s desire to deliver the Meetinghouse simultaneously with the Temple, our team maintained the highest level of quality while completing the Meetinghouse many months ahead of the original schedule.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
1682 Wood Street Philadelphia, PA
Robert A. M. Stern Architects and BLT Architects
CM At Risk
Joint Venture Partner