Structure Tone uses the latest virtual construction technologies, and specifically laser scanning, BIM, 3D printing and PlanGrid result in more effective planning, lower costs, smarter scheduling, reduced change orders, and better collaboration with team members.
We use BIM to plan and execute projects and enable our clients to envision their buildings and the construction sequence. BIM fosters collaboration among project designers, engineers, subcontractors and owners by integrating development and construction from the start of a project. Our Virtual Construction group works with a project designer to create detailed 3-D computer models to coordinate the architect and engineers’ work; create leaner designs; determine schedules; reduce costs; and maximize offsite fabrication. BIM enables us to quickly and precisely:
• Create customized models to meet any project’s facilities management and commissioning needs
• Appraise constructability
• Provide clash detection
• Apply and evaluate value management recommendations
• Support fabrication by the trades, thereby reducing the design phase and increasing productivity, both in the shops and in the field
• Update all documents and drawings
Our project team views blueprints on iPad using PlanGrid. We make changes that can be immediately shared with project stakeholders, providing updated drawings to superintendents, project managers and others in the field, enabling instant feedback about site conditions. It is also a key tool in our QA/QC program.