Sustainability & Wellness
When it comes to sustainability and wellness in construction, we know there’s no “one size fits all” solution. Whether the goal is to be certified by a rating system, promote employee health and wellness, or reduce the facility’s carbon footprint, our expert teams tailor their approach to meet our client’s specific goals.
With over 140 LEED Accredited Professionals on staff and hundreds of certified projects under our belt, STO Building Group is a leader in green building. We’re ranked in the top 15 ENR Green Building Contractors and have been helping our clients create value and build quality through sustainable construction solutions for over a decade. Our deep understanding of construction waste management, sustainable building practices, and green technologies have helped us deliver over 80Msf of registered LEED space worldwide.
But today, LEED is only one of many rating systems in the AEC space. As the industry continues to push towards a more sustainable future, our employees have embraced several other rating systems, including BREEAM, Passive House, and of course, the WELL Building Standard.
STO Building Group is a founding alliance member of the WELL Living Lab and our corporate headquarters was the first space to achieve WELL certification in New York City. Over the last few years, we’ve built hundreds of WELL-certified spaces across our various locations and have experienced firsthand how the built environment can affect mental and physical health and wellbeing.
Whether our clients are aiming for LEED, WELL or looking to optimize their real estate investments, we build our construction plan around their goals by:
- Working with the entire project team to set specific, achievable goals
- Creating a custom Construction Waste Management (CWM) Plan—including waste avoidance options
- Creating and implementing an Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Plan which will serve to protect the building’s existing HVAC system during construction and demolition
- Working with subcontractors to determine where specified items can be sourced in order to meet any material transparency or disclosure requirements
- Assuring our onsite team will diligently monitor all the jobsite products and confirm that sustainability, health and wellness goals are being met
Each year, we strive to gain a deeper understanding what drives our clients’ decisions about sustainability, wellness, and resilience. Read about our findings in this year’s Sustainability, Resilience, & Wellness Report.Go to https://structuretone.com/industry-sustainability-survey-shows-interest-in-carbon-accounting-smart-buildings-is-growing/